fatnews.com Fatnews Bitchute Channel Link Home page  >  Article | Previous article | Next article

SEARCH

QUICKLINKS AND VIEW OPITONS

  • Categories of Articles
  • Summary View
  • Headline View
  • Archive of Quotes
  • Contact Us
  • Topamax caused weight loss of 15.8 lbs in 59% of patients who gained weight on psychotropic drugs


    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
    Thursday, October 02, 2008 8:26 am Email this article
    Topamax (topiramate) caused an average weight loss of 15.8 pounds in 59 percent of patients who had gained weight on psychotropic drugs, whereas the other 41 percent gained an average of 11 pounds according to a new study from researchers at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. Responders Responded Immediately

    The responders lost weight by the next visit

    Among the 59 percent of patients who lost weight when given Topamax (topiramate), 22 out of 24 had lost weight by their next visit which was one to four months after the drug was started.

    Comment: As a general rule, this is true for all die

     

    Subjects

    Subjects: 41 people

    The study involved 41 people who had gained weight on psychotropic drugs.

     

    Side Effects

    One-sixth of patient reported side effects

    One-sixth of patients (17 percent) reported adverse effects which included “cognitive dulling” and / or increased appetite.

    REFERENCE

    Cates M, Feldman J, Boggs A, Woolley T, Whaley N. Efficacy of add-on topiramate therapy in psychiatric patients with weight gain. Ann Pharmacother. 2008 Apr, 42(4):505-10.

    AUTHOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION

    M. Cates
    McWhorter School of Pharmacy
    Samford University
    Birmingham, AL 35229, USA
    .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

    Articles on the same subject can be found here:


    COMMENTS

    Please feel free to share your comments about this article.


    Name:

    Email:

    Comments:

    Please enter the word you see in the image below:


    Remember my personal information

    Notify me of follow-up comments?



    © Copyright 2003-2021 - Larry Hobbs - All Rights Reserved.